To make a booking please call the secretary on 01455 556672 (no calls after 6pm please, thank you)
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for booking form
£10 for first hour or part of and £5 per hour thereafter
For non regular users
£20 per hour
£15 per hour
Please include set-up and clear-up times when making your booking. Any room not cleared and cleaned as per the Rules of Hire will be charged to the hirer.
Please note: all private parties must pay £50 at time of booking. We only accept payment by cheque or by cash. please make cheque payable to 'mwct'
All bookings are subject to the rules governing the hire of the hall and it is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that they are familiar with these rules.
Cancellation – any booking cancelled less than one week before the booking will be charged at the FULL cost.
Commercial Lettings – Alternative rates may be applicable and will be decided on by the Management Committee on application for the use of the hall for commercial purposed
Categories – The Regular Activities rate applies to bookings made by an organisation on a regular basis. A minimum of 8 activities must be booked within a 12 month period.
Licensing – The Walcote Memorial Hall is a holder of a premises licence under current legislation. The licence allows for the sale of alcohol for which a Personal Licence Holder must be present. It is essential that MWCT are notified that you wish to sell alcohol at a function so that we can ensure that proper controls are in place in order to stay within the law. The cost of a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is to be met by the hirer. Keys – A member of MWCT will meet the hirer at the hall at the agreed time.
All keys should be returned after each hiring period unless alternative arrangements have been previously agreed.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE HALL IS LEFT CLEAN AND TIDY AND THAT HEATING AND ALL LIGHTS ARE TURNED OFF
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE - WALCOTE MEMORIAL HALL 2006
1. It is a condition of the booking and use of the Hall that the Hirer reads, understands and adheres to all of the rules outlined within this notice, the rules on the Booking Form and on other displayed documents within the Hall complex, paying particular attention to issues relating to Health & Safety.
2. The Bookings Secretary appointed by the MWCT Management Committee (referred to hereinafter as The Management Committee) is the only person authorised by The Management Committee to accept or reject bookings for the Hall and recommend that deposits and/or supervision are required.
3. The Management Committee do not have to provide reasons in the event of a rejection of a booking and any appeal against this decision must be made in writing to The Management Committee.
4. Charges for hire will be strictly in accordance with the scale of charges agreed by The Management Committee. Copies of the charges are available from the Bookings Secretary.
5. Payment for the use of the Hall must be made to the Secretary or Treasurer of The Management Committee at the time of the booking. Organisations booking regular activities must pre-pay at 6 month intervals. Any cancellation with less than one weeks notice may incur the full cost of the Hire. The Bookings Secretary is authorised to refuse subsequent bookings if accounts are not settled within the Terms outlined. Variations to these Payment terms can be arranged by the Bookings Secretary or the Treasurer but must be confirmed before the Hire takes place.
6. The Hirer shall indemnify The Management Committee for the cost of repair of any damage to any part of the property or contents during or as a result of the hiring.
7. The Hirer shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or do anything which may endanger the premises and/or contents or endanger any insurance policies covering premises and/or contents.
8. Hiring Organisations or Individuals will be responsible for the following:
(a) Booking the Hall and/or Rooms with the Bookings Secretary and giving details of the Organisation/Individual, date and time of function, type of function, likely number of people attending, whether alcoholic drinks are served (by use of the correct License), available (people bringing their own) or provided.
(b) Paying any necessary deposit (see 11 below).
(c) Obtaining any Licenses that may be needed for the consumption of alcoholic drinks and for the observance of the regulations associated with the Licenses of Premises as stipulated by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, Police, Magistrates Court or otherwise. The Management Committee are responsible for the annual Premises License which is displayed.
(d) Ensuring that the number of people at the function does not exceed the Hall limits as stipulated by the Premises License and that Fire regulations specific to the Hiring are observed.
(e) Decorating the Hall/Rooms but avoiding damage by use of drawing pins, nails, sellotape, blue-tac, staples etc. on any area of plaster or Door or Window Frames. Removing all decorations after a function.
(f) Maintaining ‘Law and Order’ and proper supervision at the function so that damage is not done to the property and/or equipment.
(g) Ensuring that the function finishes on time (according to the times stipulated on the Booking Form) and that people depart from the premises in an orderly manner. This includes proper supervision of car-parking (as to avoid obstruction of the highway) and advising people leaving that noise should be kept to a minimum. Failure to comply with this may result in additional charges which the Hirer accepts as part of the Booking conditions.
(h) Ensuring that the Hall/Rooms are left in a clean and tidy condition and that any contents temporarily moved from their usual positions are properly returned and that the keys are returned to where they were obtained. The Hirer can arrange with the Bookings Secretary for extra ‘follow on’ sessions to ensure that the Hall/Rooms are left clean and tidy providing that the session immediately follows the booked function. Failure to comply may result in a surcharge to cover the cost of additional cleaning.
(i) Ensuring at completion of a function that all windows and doors are securely locked
(j) Notifying the Bookings Secretary of any damage to property or equipment and accepting reasonable costs for effecting repair. ON entering the premises, any damage found should also be reported immediately – if damage is not reported and is subsequently discovered, it will be at the discretion of the Management Committee to charge the last known hirer with responsibility.
(k) Liaising with Bookings Secretary for any specific requirements, ‘last minute’ amendments to the times entered on the Booking Form and where set-up and/or break-down sessions are required, whether or not stipulated on the original Booking. Cleaning is essential and costly and should the MWCT arrive to find the Hall/Rooms not emptied from a previous function (without prior knowledge) an additional surcharge may be made.
9. The Management Committee will not be liable for any damage to or any loss of any personal property or personal injury while on the Village Hall premises. Left property will be kept secure for 4 weeks.
10. Bookings will not be accepted from any person under the age of 21*.
11. Parties etc. for people under the age of 21* must have adult supervision in the Hall and outside the Hall at the time of completion of the function.
Please click the link to the right to access our Employer Liability.
*This age is at the discretion of The Management Committee.